Question

Airplay problems with play one when pausing music or leaving unattended

• 19 October 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +7

Like so many others I had to use airplay to get around the ‘play music from this IOS device’ removal. This is very clunky with the sonos controller but may be more of an ios problem pls advice. Here is what happens.. Goto music app on ios device.. Find song or playlist to play. Start playing.. Click airplay. Choose sonos speaker.. Wait about ten seconds while it connects.. Go back to sonos app to control volume on all the speakers (it then acts like its re-opening even though it is already open). This will play ok no problem.. The problem is if you have to pause the music for any reason. It kills the airplay connection.. It defaults back to the ios device rather than the sonos speaker.. This is driving me mad. Is there anyway around this?

1 reply

This is an iOS issue (and possibly MacOS, I haven’t tested). The connection times out between the iOS device and the speaker. I’ve not seen any posts on an Apple board that suggest how to extend this timeout, but I haven’t spent a ton of time looking, either. I usually just reconnect. As long as there’s something being streamed, I don’t lose connection, it’s only when I stop streaming data.