Airplay delays from Mac

• 10 December 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

I’ve been having issues with streaming via AirPlay from my Macbook Pro to my Sonos one. It always takes a couple seconds for the audio to start projecting from my Sonos. So I always start to hear the audio from 5+ seconds of the song / video, sometimes even worse. I’ve constantly had to rewind the music back to the beginning, which is very annoying. I’m connected on a 5GHz Wi-Fi network and nothing really use up the bandwidth. 

I wonder if there is any way to tune up to avoid this issue. 

Regards,

Hien

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi Hien, there was an update just recently that has some improvements to AirPlay 2 on Sonos that’s used which should make it work generally better. So to start with, can you check for updates to make sure your system gets to version 10.6 and then test things out?

If that’s still giving you trouble, I’d be happy to look into it further. Can you submit a diagnostic just after having this come up and then post the confirmation number here?