Question

airplay connection

• 23 December 2019
  • 6 replies

how to connect Sony tv x95g to Sonos play 5 via airplay?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

See this link for Airplay compatible Sonos TV’s and how to setup Airplay:

How to set up and use HomeKit and AirPlay 2 on Sony Smart TVs

Thanks for response, I had connected Apple TV and all my other Apple devices. I’m looking how to send sound from the tv directly to Sonos speaker via AirPlay. I it’s possible at all

Does your Sony TV have the ability to send an AirPlay 2 signal? I’ve never seen one that can, but then again I’ve not been paying attention. I do know my Apple TV can send an AirPlay 2 signal.

This is my question I guess, I don’t know does my tv can send an airplay signal or don’t, I bought it with airplay tag and thought that it can, but seems that it’s only to connect Apple devices for mirroring but I used to do it via Apple TV easily 

It’s much more likely that it can accept a signal than it is that it can generate one, but this is a Sonos support forum, you’re much more likely to get specifics about your Sony TV on a Sony forum. 

Judging from the above link, it does not allow for sending audio from the TV source(s) to an Airplay speaker.  You can group the TV with an Airplay speaker to play multi-room music from an iOS device, but that is different.