AirPlay 2 stereo paired speakers

• 20 February 2020
  • 5 replies

Is there a way how to combine two sonos (one, symfonisk ...) to stereo pair and stream the airplay 2 on them? Is this grouping possible? As you can pair two homepods. I know that you can combine two sonos in sonos app but is this set able to accept Airplay music from iPhone and play it into two channels stereo?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

No, unfortunately not. In order for a stereo pair in the Sonos ecosystem, both speakers need to be the same type/model. So you could if you had a pair of Ones, or a pair of Symfonisks. But not with one of each. 

Is there a way how to combine two sonos (one, symfonisk ...) to stereo pair and stream the airplay 2 on them? Is this grouping possible? As you can pair two homepods. I know that you can combine two sonos in sonos app but is this set able to accept Airplay music from iPhone and play it into two channels stereo?

You can stereo pair Sonos speakers, but they have to be the same model (Note:  The One and One SL are considered the same model for this purpose).  You cannot pair a One and a Symphonisk.  

Thank you @jgatie but my point is if I can use the paired speakers (two Ones or two Symphonisk) as airplay speakers, stereo speakers. 

Thank you @jgatie but my point is if I can use the paired speakers (two Ones or two Symphonisk) as airplay speakers, stereo speakers. 

Yes, you can Airplay to paired speakers.  Airplay will see the pair as a single Airplay target.

Amazing… Love it. thank you.