Add Ability to Adjust Balance of Surround Speakers

• 8 November 2013
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge
A customer shared an idea with us to be able to adjust the left / right balance of the surround speakers using the equalizer function in the Sonos app.  What do you think?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

20 replies

I would think this feature would be very helpful. I would place it in the Surround Speakers tab, where you also can adjust the volume of the surround speakers.
Would really like this as well. I have to have my surrounds slightly offset with listening position.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I would absolutely appreciate this feature!
Just purchased the playbar and added the surrounds but amazed that there isn't a feature to adjust the volume and balance of the surrounds. This is a must so please add this essential feature.
Put it in the surround settings. More intuitive there.
Please add that.
I have a big couch and don't always sit in the same place. Would be good to change levels of each surround
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Yes Please!
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
The Sonos app should allow dedicated equalizer settings for every group and its associated rooms/speakers. Including volume options for front/center/rear/sub. The settings should be saved with the respective group so they don't have to be redone over and over again.

This would significantly increase the user experience.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I really fail to see why this is a request - just turn up the volume of the surrounds and you'll hear it whereever you sit.

Surely it would sound odd with more SS coming from the right or left, a plane flying over would come in loud from the right and you'll not hear it fade out to the left.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Are you serious? What about music?
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I set mine as SS for TV not music. If I play music then the balance if fine.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thats for YOU, not everyone else, so why comment on a request a majority has? Some its good to just ...
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I comment because I don't agree with this and as a community I can voice my opinion.
Userlevel 2
Much needed!! 🙂
Userlevel 2
I would definitely use this and think it is a needed feature.
Userlevel 2
I see this idea is going on for two years now, please add the feature soon, left is much louder than right since it is further away. Realy don't understand why it is not implemented right from the start in a 5.1 inverimont.
Badge +1
I would also ask that a True Play type setup and level adjustment feature be added to the Playbar and surround set up.
Balancing the surrounds is an important feature. For example, not all setups can be configured so that the listener is in the middle of the speakers, and it may not be possible to position the speakers at 180º from each other.
Userlevel 1
I agree - although it appears there is supposed to be a "balance" feature in the first part of the Playbar / surrounds set-up. Even so, since the left speaker is so much closer to my couch where I sit (due to the configuration of my room) that speaker is much louder than the right, which makes for a less than ideal listening experience. In fact, I tried to cheat the system and re-tuned it with my phone literally right next to the left speaker (as opposed to a few feet away - which is my normal sitting area). Results: I can't identify any change to the balance between the right and left surrounds. So, pretty disappointing in an otherwise beautiful system.