A good speaker for a computer?

• 29 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I currently have a Sonos Arc for my TV and im in love with it.

I would like to know if one of the speakers would be suitable for a computer, either for video conferences, listening to music, videos and playing games. If it could also be plugged in a Turntable, it would be perfect.

Waiting for your answer and your opinion

Have a great day

Greetings,
Roy

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

What kind of computer and turntable do you have?

I have a desktop computer and my turntable is a Audio-Technica AT-LP60X-BK.

Userlevel 7

I think your best option would be a Sonos Five. It is Sonos’ best-sounding music speaker and it is equipped with a line-in port on the back so you can directly connect your computer or turntable. Since the Five only has one line-in port, you could add a switch like this so you can have both the computer and turntable connected at the same time.

And if you want to experience the best music-listening experience from Sonos, you can add another Five to form a stereo pair.

The only downside to the Five as a computer speaker is its size. It doesn’t have a small footprint like most computer speakers. And you also may experience a very slight audio delay when watching videos or playing video games on the computer.

If the audio delay is a problem, you could just use the Five with your turntable and get a Sonos Move for your computer and connect it over Bluetooth.