Question

5 - 1 Surround set up with TV

• 25 November 2017
  • 3 replies

I have a brand new TV - Sony - underneath is a olaybar connect via optical cable. In the same room I have 2 x play 5 and sub woofer. However when I watch anything on tv I only hear sound via the playbar and nothing else. Most annoying as I haven't a clue how to set up. As no clear guidance. Please can some one assist as I wish to use wireless system and not hard wire in all the speakers

Any help gratefully received

Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
They have a bit of a guide on their website, might pay to have a read through it.

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2938
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
My first question would be are your Play:5 speakers the newer second generation model, or are they the older first generation? Only the newer second generation model (see picture below) can be used for surround sound.

If your Play:5 speakers are the newer model, then there are steps that you will need to complete in the settings for the Playbar to connect the Play:5's as surround speakers and the subwoofer too. The sections for Adding Surround Speakers and Adding a SUB would be the two sections to check out in the link that Silverthorn provided.

You might also want to read the Changing Surround Settings section once you have it set up... there are some settings that can affect the sound from the surround speakers, volume levels, and how they should act when playing music.
Thank you, they are the newer versions