Answered

3 year old system not connecting

Hi all, first time on here. I have a 3 year old system, 2 x Play 3 speakers and a Bridge. Suddenly the connection has dropped, on all iPhones, no connection at all. Nothing has changed, same router etc. I have tried to reconnect many times but nothing is recognised. And now the app doesn't even seem to offer a 'Bridge' as a device to connect. Can anyone help, in 'layman's terms'? Thanks so much.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 8 November 2018, 18:32

I'm wondering if it's possible that your BRIDGE's power supply has failed, which would (assuming that it's wired to your router) cause all speakers to "disappear". Can you try taking the ethernet cable you have connected to your BRIDGE, and plug it into one of your PLAY:3s, and see if everything shows up again?

View original

6 replies

I'm wondering if it's possible that your BRIDGE's power supply has failed, which would (assuming that it's wired to your router) cause all speakers to "disappear". Can you try taking the ethernet cable you have connected to your BRIDGE, and plug it into one of your PLAY:3s, and see if everything shows up again?
Hi, I'll try that now, thanks so much. The light etc is coming on the BRIDGE, but I'll give it a go and come back.
Worth a shot. It's possible that the power has dropped so much on what it's providing to the electronics that it's not capable of maintaining a signal. If this works out, it's a fairly easy replacement, via Amazon or most retailers, to get a new power supply, or you might do what I did, and upgrade to a BOOST, which is a better device (IMHO....it's newer, faster, and perhaps better built).
Airgetlam, thank so much, that worked straight away! I guess I just need to replace either the BRIDGE or the power supply to it. I'll check it out. Thanks again!
Delighted that it was easy to test, and we have a solution. And that the cost for replacement / fix is relatively reasonable :)
Just followed your advice and ordered a BOOST - thanks again, all the best. Jonathan

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings