Question

2x PLAY: 5 (GEN 2) Hooked up to a tv via line in? Would that work well?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi guys,

I’ve been reading a lot about SONOS products and I’ve made up my mind that I will buy them, but I am trying to figure whats the best setup. I would like to use my PLAY:5s with my tv audio, I heard that there is lip sync inssues if you do that with the OLD PLAY:5, with the new play:5s will it be better?

Is there a way to make this work?

I am afraid on buying the PLAYBAR now and SONOS to release another one soon. I see that there are a lot of complains about the PLAYBAR not being able to play DTS audio. What you guys think, I know that it would be a shot in the dark, a new playbar should be released soon?

My idea, was to buy two new PLAY:5s now and wait for SONOS to release a new playbar, or even a way to add more speakers, without the PLAYBAR (adding like 5 sonos speakers, Right, Center, Left, Rear Right and Rear Left) and being able to play 5.1 sounds ( Is that possible at the moment, if not there is a chance for that to be possible in near future via software upgrades or if they decide to do that would be another version?

Regards,

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

The delay is still 70ms, nobody knows if a new Playbar is coming (unlikely I'd say) and you can't add additional speakers for 5.1 because there wouldn't be a surround decoder anywhere in the system, none of the play speakers have one, other than the Playbar.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings