Welcome to What to get

Looking to get started with Sonos? Get help and advice here.

Can Sonos implement customers good ideas more quickly!
Answered

There are so many good ideas on here that have been "under consideration" for months sometimes years. My idea is that Sonos become more decisive, take on some more engineers and get a move on and tur...

Something simple for the kitchen
Answered

Aloha gents and ladies! I don't currently have any Sonos products, but I love the concept! So, I was wondering if the great community here have an idea or suggestions to the best speaker/setup to get...

Conclusion: Just get the Sonos

Good idea. If you’re looking for a $200 speaker, you simply can’t beat the Sonos One. https://www.cnet.com/news/best-wi-fi-speakers-under-200-sonos-vs-jbl-vs-bose-and-more/

Rejoin group when powered off and on
Question

Could we have a product improvement which makes any device that has been powered off automatically rejoin a group if it was a member when it powers back on. That way I can move a unit outside if I wa...

Tipping Point - Sonos vs. Voice
Question

I'm at a tipping point - I absolutely love Sonos - first and foremost because of it's ease of use - listening to your favorite music in less than a minute out of the box, the ease of searching and pla...

Have Playbar, adding two play 1's for surround sound- do I NEED sub?
Question

I currently have a playbar set up with optical audio cable providing all audio from my 65" LED tv. I have just ordered two play 1's to complement my home theater experience for surround sound....they...

Best CURRENT option for connecting to Google Home

Like many of you, I've got a combination of Sonos and Homes in my life. Unfortunately I only currently have two Play 1s but I'm desperate to find a way to cast music via my Homes, to my Sonos. As...

Sonos Components: Best Configuration - Let's Talk

I’ve read a lot of comments/questions regarding the following: 1) Play 1 vs. Play 3 vs. Play 5 2) Best Stereo Pair: Play 1 or Play 3 3) Sub with Play 1 or Play 3 as Stereo Pair 4) Sound Bar vs....

Options for passing through Home Receiver output to SONOS network
Answered

I'm not a current SONOS customer, so I'm trying to get the answer to the following: I understand that the SONOS Connect is used to feed SONOS audio sources to an existing amplifier/receiver system....

Getting started
Question

Just joined you guys,I need you guys advice on what I need for my music,home theatre questions,please help

Sonos without music
Question

Hi I like the sonos concept and am thinking of getting a couple of Play 1 speakers However ..... I rarely listen to music, instead I listen to podcasts, Audiobooks and iPlayer Radio Doing some web...

home theatre, and whole house music
Question

Hello, what do I need to purchase to setup a whole house system. I currently have 3 rooms setup, using my own speakers. LOVE IT. I am now doing a TV room and want to dual purpose the speakers to be...

Newbie with Older Equipment - Guidance on how to approach
Question

I currently have a 10 year old receiver with a DVD Player. After moving to a new Apartment with a 13 x 25 Living Room, we'd like to use wireless speakers. Ideally, I'd like to hook up my TV to the r...

What equipment to get?
Question

I want to go the Sonos route, but need some advice on structuring a layout. I provided details of my layout below, and apologize if this is too much information. As now I have a credenza 67", but h...

Setting up a multi-room Sonos system - a novice seeks recommendations and help
Question

I am thinking of setting up a Sonos multi-room system in my house. I am very new to hi-fi and so would greatly appreciate any helpful comments or suggestions, particularly if anyone has any recommenda...

Floor stand for new Play 5
Question

Is there a floor stand available for the new Play 5?

A/V receiver connecting directly to PLAY:5 line-in?
Answered

I'm considering buying my first Sonos product(s)... probably a PLAY:5. My existing setup consists of several components (TV, phono, CD/DVD player), a Denon AVR-1700 A/V receiver, and a pair of Paradig...

Google chromecast audio, will cast to Play:1,is now half price
Question

Interesting discussion here:- http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/chromecast-audio-half-price-only-15-currys-pcworld-2402078#comments £15 CCA at currys/pc world. Discovered last night that Samsung tablet...

Is $200 for a Sonos Play5 gen1 + Bridge a good deal?
Question

I'm fairly new to Sonos (only have a Play1 at the moment) but would like to use a Play5 on my TV. My budget is fairly limited, but I did stumble across a deal for a Sonos Play5 (gen1) + Bridge for $20...

Distributed Audio: Connect Amp Woes? Please help!
Question

Hi all, I'm doing a new build home and I want to self install a whole home distributed audio system. Walls are open and we wanted to wire everything now. I did some research but I'm at a point where...

Newbie question! Can I play via phone and TV?
Question

Hi All I'm looking to buy a Sonus setup. I have a new Samsung TV HD 4K and I would like to play music from the TV, particularly You Tube but also from my Galaxy phone and from my Ipad. It looks like...

Yamaha AS500
Question

I have a Yamaha AS500 which is about 6 years old connected to 4 wired ceiling speakers. I would like to introduce Sonos as the connection to the receiver via airport express or bluetooth plug in is te...

New House with in wall speakers - looking to connect
Question

Hi all I'm buying a house that already has speakers installed in 2 rooms as well as on the deck outside each with independent volume controls. All speakers wires are pulled to one location in the ho...

Headphones
Question

We want headphones connection!

Uncertain about purchasing additional speakers
Question

I love my 2 Play 5s, my Play 1 and Sub and have been considering adding some additions. I'm a little hesitant with Sonos dragging their feet in integrating with Alexa or providing an alternative. I'm...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online