Which sonos speaker to get for tvs?

• 21 August 2018
  • 1 reply

Hello, please see the attach picture. I am considering Sonos for the below scenarios. First I want to know if I can accomplish each with Sonos. Second, which speakers allow me to connect my TVs without purchasing the BEAM model for each one?

Scenario 1: Play the same sound from all TVs in both rooms. Example: Watching same football game on all 3 tvs

Scenario 2: Play audio for movie in theater room tv. Play different audio on the other tvs 2 but same show.

scenario 3: play different audio from all 3 tvs (ex. Tv 1 movie, tv2 Sports, tv3 news.)

Scenario 4: play TV audio and music Audio at same time but from different tvs/speakers

Basically I want to either sync all tvs with same audio and have the flexibility to switch audio output from each tv when needed.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Ignoring the audio part of the question, how do you propose to keep 3 TVs in sync when watching the football? Unless a direct live antenna connection is used, any DVR-like device or a cable box will make those 3 TVs out of sync in the video domain.

To keep the audio in sync with 3 TVs, all will need to be Beams or PlayB... devices or a combination. You can then send the signal from the "main" Sonos device to the other two, and as all are low-latency devices, it will all be good. If you chose to use a higher-latency device instead (eg Play 5s) then there will be sync issues between it and the "main" TV connected device.