which sonos in which room.

• 17 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge
Hi,
I have a sonos beam in the living area, smallish room
Play 5 in the kitchen diner leading into the garden
sonos one in the bedroom.

i want to improve the sound in the garden without buying a garden speaker, should i buy another 5 for the other end of the kitchen where there is a window into the garden or would 2 sonos one work with the 5 ?

what would work better in the living area ? move the 5 into the living area with the beam, would i need to purchase another 5 which i dont really want to do ?

my router is in the living area and sometimes the 5 cuts out due to bad signal ?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
First try your 5 in the window to see if it is enough sound, take it outside and try it there too. If it is more than enough then smaller might work, otherwise go for the second 5.

If the 5 was too much speaker buy a single Sonos One to either place in the window or take outside to use. If it isn't enough then add a second one.

What have you done to try to improve the signal to the Play 5? Sometimes a simple channel change will do the trick.
Badge
Thank you Stanley
can you link the 1’s with the 5 in the same room ?

I haven’t done anything to try and improve the signal apart from fitting a range extender but this doesn’t work. ?
Userlevel 6
Badge +14
Thank you Stanley
can you link the 1’s with the 5 in the same room ?

I haven’t done anything to try and improve the signal apart from fitting a range extender but this doesn’t work. ?

You cant link them as a stereo pair, but you can group them so they play the same music source, in sync. You still retain independent volume control of each speaker in a group.
Badge
So if I put 2 5’s or 2 1’s in 1 room as a stereo pair I will
loose independent volume control on each speaker but I can then use balance ?