Question

What to get for home

• 18 January 2018
  • 3 replies

My wife and I have just recently purchase a house. We would like to get a Sonos setup that fits our needs/home. Our living room is 15'x18' and opens up to our breakfast nook and kitchen. My personal thought was to get a play bar mounted below the tv, with a sub somewhere on the ground. In addition, two play 1 speakers on the back wall, and a play 5 on the corner "side" table. I would also like to have one speaker in the kitchen (more for music needs/wants) as well as on on the screened in porch. I would love to hear everyone's opinions and suggestions before I make my decision. Our need/want for the living room is surround sound for both tv and music, but if I had to choose one of the two I would say TV.

Again, open to all suggestions. I would like to hear from people who already have setups somewhat like I am looking for. Thanks everyone!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I have attached a photo of the living room setup, the tv and playbar would be mounted on the wall above the word "great"

Thanks again!
That is a significant investment you are making and the best way to go forward is to get all the kit on a returnable basis and see how it works for you before deciding on the final configuration.
While I share Kumar's caution, it all sounds like an effective plan. I might wait on the spare PLAY:5, given the good sound that you can get from the PLAYBAR and surrounds when playing music. But as he says, in most cases, depending on where you purchase from, you can return them within a particular time period.