Answered

What to get...

• 11 February 2018
  • 8 replies

I just bought a play 5, but I cannot decide if I should do a play 5, playbar, and two play 1's, or if I should return the play 5 and do the same setup except use a sub instead of a play 5..

Is this smart? All advice and experience is welcomed!

Thank you!
icon

Best answer by brik74 18 February 2018, 17:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
You can't use the 5 as a substitute Sub so if you want the full 5.1 from the Playbar you'll have to send the 5 back and start from scratch.

Playbar/ Sub and Play1's are excellent for music as well as TV.
Thank you for the response. Is the the sub a necessity? Or is there enough bass from the play 5?
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Two Play:5 and the Playbar would be negate a Sub.

Although you will but one anyway later on to satisfy your craving for the perfect sound.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Depends. Are you looking for surround sound? If so, I think you will want the Sub with the Playbar and 2 Play 1's as rear speakers. The single Play 5 cannot be paired with the Playbar in a surround sound capacity in place of a sub, so if you keep that, you could use it in another room.
Thank you! Is the play 5 too much for a kitchen? Should I go smaller? If so a play 3 or play 1?
Userlevel 1
Badge
I have a Play 5 in my kitchen and a Play 3 in my Dining Room. It's probably overkill, but I love it!!!!
Could you post a pic of the setup? I’m afraid it may look too big in my kitchen
Userlevel 1
Badge
I would if I was home, but I won't be back until next weekend. My kitchen is not small, not huge, but not really that small. If you have a smaller kitchen a Play:1 would probably do the job fine.