What system I should buy?

Hello there! I am a really happy user with 2 sonos one old generation
As you can see in the photo my setup has one Panasonic TV and one Benq 1070 projector.

My concern is what setup I should buy for movies and music to get sound from TV (everyday use) and projector (not so frequent use).

I also have a hdmi matrix

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Agptek-Splitter-Function-Extractor-Headphone/dp/B01LXAJ5YI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1531469762&sr=8-5&keywords=hdmi+switch+6+input

that until now was moving my video and sound from my media player with optical input to either TV or Projector.

My old system was logitech z550 with optical input.

I am thinking about Sonos Beam with the bass later and my 2 Sonos 1 as a surround system.

What do you think? Will that solution work for me? Will the HDMI Matrix be able to transfer the sound? Maybe the playbar will be a better solution?

Thank you very much and sorry for my English I hope you understand my questions.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12
It should work with the Beam and the HDMI Port, as long as the you are pass dolby digital 5.1 signal andnot a DTS signal.
Thank you so much shoturtle for your answer!
So you think connecting everything to my hdmi matrix will work fine except decoding DTS signal.
Right?:D
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
as long as it is DD 5.1 it should. Via HDMI as long as it is DD5.1 and PCM stereo.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
PS, just make sure the switch is low latency to avoid sound sync issues with the video.
hm lets see, with the logitech setup it didn't have any sync issues.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
The amazon link did you cover latency. I would just send the question to the seller. Latency is normally pretty low with hdmi. But not sure with all the switch it does, if it impact latency.
ah ok so you say that maybe hdmi has more latency than my older optical connection right?
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
no hdmi is faster the optical. Normally daisy chain has no issues. But not sure how the switch handles so many inputs. If there is any delays.
let's see! I hope everything is ok.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Just keep in mine Arc can be flakey at times. Toslink except for sync issue where you need to adjust latency. HDMI ARC is not as predictable when it comes to using it to turn on devices.
hmm sounds complex. lets hope everything works fine.
Hello there, I tried with optical and it worked fine. I am not sure if there is any latency.
Do you recommend using it with hdmi only? I am not sure how to setup my matrix in order to work with the hdmi cable and not the optical connector.