What Sonos to Choose and How to best set them up

• 20 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Dear Sonos,

I m looking for getting an ambient sound with some solid mellow (ambient) bass in the open plan room of my house which is 12.5 m * 4.5 m. The feeling and sound of ambient is as if the sound is not coming from a particular speaker but rather from the room as a whole. Another example is as if you are in a summer open air club which is not crowded and so many speakers working at the same time playing some lo-fi music. I will not be listening only to lo-fi but all kinds of music

In the open plan room, a kitchen, dining table, and living room in this particular order are included.

I am considering purchasing 4 play one’s and mounting them on top of the walls in the four corners.

How does this purchase sound and will it provide the sound i m looking for?

Thanks

George

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @ggman.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! We’d be glad to help.

It would be best to reach out to our Sales Team, for they have all the resources to give you the best answer and discuss it with you in real-time. You may give them a call or send an email with the image of your floor plan for assessment and to provide you the best option.

In addition, some of the community members might provide their suggestions and recommendations about this anytime soon.

If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Userlevel 7

@ggman A Sonos One mounted at the four corners of the room could work, but for a cleaner solution that will produce the ambient sound you want to achieve, you could install four to six Sonance Architectural in-ceiling speakers and power them with a Sonos Amp.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/ceiling-speaker-pair.html

I agree that ceiling speakers would be a good application choice here.  One of the potential issues is going with  Sonos Ones in the corners is that you would either make them 2 stereo pairs, which would not be idea for control or sound quality for the space (mono would be better with the speakers that far apart) or 4 separate rooms.  You would have to group all 4 and and could control volume separately.  Maybe that’s a plus.

I like the ceiling speakers as  it would be one room in Sonos, with the option to play speakers in mono or stereo depending on your needs at the time.

Thank you so much everyone for taking the time replying. Your feedback is Highly appreciate!