Question

What Sonos(Or Other) Products Do I Need?

• 25 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I currently have two non-sonos in-ceiling speakers above my TV that are wired into a utility closet no where near the TV.  My TV is hardwired into the same closet with Coax and Cat5e but no HDMI or anything else.  I was told previously that if I get a Sonos Connect Amp in the closet and connect the two speakers and then get a Sonos Beam to connect to the TV that I could then sync the Connect and Beam together and control the Connect from the Beam.  Is that correct?  Is there a cheaper way to solve this with non-sonos products(I know this is probably not the right place to ask this :/).  It seems like a relatively simple problem to solve and I definitely don’t need anything fancy, just looking for functionality at this point but I don’t have much audio knowledge to know how to approach the issue.

Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @kripp88.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me check it for you.

You can set up Connect: Amp/Amp as surrounds bonded to a home theater product (Beam) to power rear surround speakers.

While most TVs are compatible with Sonos home theater speakers, some may need additional configuration or may not work with Sonos.

This article will describe some basic requirements when using Sonos speakers on your TV.

For product suggestions, you may reach out to our Sales Team for a thorough discussion on what option is the best for your need. They have all the details on their system to answer your queries and get your system started.

Furthermore, some of the community members might provide their own opinion about this.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know, we’d be glad to help.