What should i buy?

• 1 August 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi all.

Im currently about to buy my first Sonos system and are thinking about whats the best set up for me.

I have a budget of around 550 eur so the question is if i should buy any of these three possibilities: one play:5 and place it in the living room, one play:3 in the living room and one play:1 in the kitchen or two sonos Ones?

Which alternative gives the best amount of value for my money? they are going to be used in a 130 sq meter (around 1 400 sq feet) house with an open layout.

What do you goys think? or do you have any other sugestions regarding the set up?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Skip the Play 3 for now until Sonos has more information about it, been showing as out of stock at the Sonos store for a while now and is now showing Unavailable. I like mine in a smaller room as a stereo pair.

I like the sound of Play 1s but alone their mono sound gets old fast, good in the bath but to listen to for hours not so good. A pair of them solve the mono issue and a lot of folks are happy with that.

I personally use Play 5s in several medium sized rooms and find the sound to my liking.

I'd look at a Beam too, it might fit your needs.