Answered

What setup is best for my space

• 8 January 2019
  • 4 replies

i am going to be moving in to my brand new home. 1714 sq ft. I want to know what it the best setup for my home. I have a living room and kitchen open concept. I want to be able to have music all through the house especially 2nd and 3rd floor. so 3 bedrooms and 1 1/2 bathroom
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 8 January 2019, 15:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi normis2749

Congrats on your new home! I'd be happy to give you my opinion but first I'd like some more info:

1. Where will furniture be placed (i.e, tables, chairs sofas, beds etc.)?
2. Is there a HT setup planned and where would it be?
3. Will there be TV 's in other rooms and if so will they be part of Sonos?
4. Is Alexa voice assistant desired?
5. What is your budget?

Cheers!

Thank you for your response
Thank you for your time. The pink dots are the tvs in the new home. In the living room the green is the couch. In the dining the table. In the rooms the orange is the beds. Lol. But that is my basic set up for my house at the moment. Alexa is greatly preferred. For my budget I would like it to be below 3000
Userlevel 7
Hi normis2749

The following suggestion has a total cost of $2,493 before tax.

You need a good router with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequency. With 3 levels I suggest setting up in Boost (wired) mode. Here's a link on setup options: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/support/setting-up-sonos

If possible using an iOS device will provide the benefit of using TruePlay (via the Sonos App) to tune your speakers in each room. Here's a link: https://support.sonos.com/s/global-search/trueplay?language=en_US

The Living Room provides a complete HT_DD5.1 system (Beam, Sub and Play 1's as surrounds) with Alexa voice control built into the Beam. The Beam handles L/C/R channels. The system also doubles as an excellent music system. The sub can be placed anywhere there is room.

The Kitchen with the Sonos One provides focused listening with Alexa voice control when your hands are covered in flour.:8 It can also be moved outside to a patio/deck when desired.

The Dining Room with the Play 5 is a full-bodied speaker that can sound great at low volumes when entertaining a dinner party or as a full on speaker to play loud when desired. The Play 5 can be place in the corner next to the Kitchen if desired to restrict more of the sound to the dining area.

The Master Room with the Beam provides a nice upgrade to the built-in TV speakers with Alexa voice control and makes a great sounding speaker for music. This is a 3.0 setup (L/C/R channels).

This setup leaves money on the table to purchase additional speakers for the other bedrooms (Play 1 or Sonos One) or upgrade the Beam in the living room to a Playbar or Playbase with improved L/C/R channels without going over budget.*
* Opting for the Playbar or Playbase upgrade @ $699 will take the budget over by $192 before tax.

The Beam, Sonos One and Play 5 are also compatible with Apple AirPlay2

See my suggested placements in the diagram.

Living Room
Beam w/Alexa @ $399
Sub @ $699
Play 1 x 2 @ $149 ea = $298
Total = $1,396

Kitchen
Sonos One w/Alexa @ $199
Total = $199

Dining Room
Play 5 @ $499
Total = $499

Master Bedroom
Beam w/Alexa @ $399
Total = $399

Please post back with questions and/or comments. Hopefully, other members may share their suggestions.

Cheers!