Question

What replaced CONNECT?

• 10 September 2019
  • 6 replies

I've had a CONNECT for two non-Sonos speakers for a few years, and now wish to connect two more non-Sonos speakers. Simple question: What do I buy?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Another Connect, or, if you want to be a bit more future proof, a Port? Be sure to check if losing the optical port (that the Connect has, but the Por doesn’t have) is a problem for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I would have thought that the new Sonos amp would have been the best thing to purchase?
It is a little unclear if the OP has Connects or Connect:Amps...
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Hmmm. Might have taken OP too much on his wording “had a CONNECT”, since he also mentions speakers. Connect Amp might be what was meant. The Sonos AMP is a better suggestion then....
Since the OP says "non Sonos speakers", I'd take the implication that it was the CONNECT:AMP.

The Sonos Amp has replaced the CONNECT:AMP.

The Sonos Port has replaced the CONNECT.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I've had a CONNECT for two non-Sonos speakers for a few years, and now wish to connect two more non-Sonos speakers. Simple question: What do I buy?

Guessing you mean Connect Amp as have others above.

You could add two more speakers to your Connect Amp if you also add an impedance matching speaker selector. The power would be split so the original pair wouldn't play as loud. You'd only have the one music stream.

You could add a Connect Amp (maybe used) or the new Sonos Amp and have more power available as well as two music streams.