What do I need to buy from SONOS for surround sound

• 6 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi i am looking to buy sonas nedd i assume an amp and 4 speakers ideally woreless. Can someone reccomend the list of what i need its for a tv in the living room but this then goes into the extension where another tv is and i need to know can i just buy extra speakers to work with that tv out in the extension? Or do i need another woofer also? How does the sonas connect to the tv alsp is it hdmi tp the woofer then the woofer con ects to the speakers wirelessly? Sorry just bo idea what i need to buy x

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi camelward79

Please take your time and re-write your question or have someone else phrase it for you. BTW what is an extension...another room?

However, to answer your title question you need the following for surround with Sonos:

1. Playbar or Playbase or Beam
2. Play 1 x 2 or Sonos One x 2 or Play 5 x 2 or Play 3 x 2 (the Play 3 is discontinued but you may find some good deals as it is still supported by Sonos
3. Sub

Cheers!
Hi there.
Planning to bye a Playbase, a SUB and two ONE speakers. As I understand, it is possible in the SONOS APP to configure this as a complete Surround setup with my SAMSUNG TV that has an optical output for sound.
How is it all controlled? I mean, at one time I want the sound from the TV to play in the sourround setup and the next day I want to stream music as I do today with my ordinary SONOS Setup. How do I change the source?
Writing from Denmark, Hope you understand 🙂
@KimPaarup. Hi. In the mobile app, on the 'Browse' tab, as well as 'Music Library', 'Spotify (or other streaming service)', 'Radio by TuneIn' etc, there will be a source 'TV'. Just select it. Then when you want something else, select that instead.

You can also set the Playbase to switch automatically to the TV source when you turn the TV on.