Question

What are the best Sonos speakers for my living room? (Picture Attached)

• 20 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

Recently bought a new home, and I wanted the sound in the living room to be perfect! I’ve never owned

Sonos so I wasn’t sure where to start, so I was hoping some of you experts can help me out please!

Some of the key things I would like to include

-As few wires on show as possible

-Versatile, sometimes for TV and Movies, other times for music and house parties!

-Ceiling speakers are fine

-Looking to get a new TV too, so open to any setup.

Living Room Pic 1
Living Room Pic 2

3 replies

Upfront, you should get the Sonos Arc.  You should also get a Sub for that space.  The last piece would be the two rear channels, but it’s hard to tell exactly what the options are from your pictures.  Is there an open space in the soffit  in the back of the room?  shelfs you can place speakers on?  Are there power outlets up there?  If so, I would put a pair of Sonos One SLs on the shelf or mounted up there, directed at the seating area.  If no power, then you could get a Sonos amp and put two passive speakers up there, again pointed down at the seating area.

Thank you so much for your prompt response. In all honesty we haven’t moved in and I cant remember the back of the room myself! Thanks again!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @chigzyp.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would agree with @melvimbe since the Sonos Arc can provide additional Audio format (Dolby Atmos And Dolby Digital +), the Sonos Sub would add to that great home theater setup experience when watching movies with low audio sounds, and the rear speakers would depend on the availability of power outlet as you may choose between Sonos One SLs or the Sonos Amp. You may not need a Sonos One at the back since the Arc is already a Voice-enabled device. You may also want to consider the Symfonisk Bookshelf as another option for aesthetics. For further information especially what to take advantage of our online website, you may contact our sales team @+18006802345 Option 4.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,