Question

Warranty transfer

• 11 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi, I just bought a used Sonos One Gen 2 speaker. I have read in the Sonos documentation that the warranty is transferable, but only if BOTH the previous and new owner register the transfer of ownership with Sonos. But unfortunately, no additional information is provided by Sonos on how to do this and the Sonos website offers absolutely no help on this. Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @DavinciQC.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Since you just got a used Sonos One Gen 2, once you sign in your email address to the Sonos application.

That will serve as the new owner of the speaker.

I suggest to the factory data reset the speaker to wipeout all the details from the previous owner.

Also, there are some exclusions to the Sonos Warranty, including but not limited to:

• Problems that result from external causes such as accident, abuse, or misuse;
  • Use that is not in accordance with Sonos' product instructions;
  • Products with missing or altered serial numbers;
  • Products which have had their housings opened or are otherwise tampered with; or
  • Problems caused by using third party accessories, parts, or components.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

Thanks Mark for the answer. I did all what suggest prior to post my inquiry here. But from the Sonos documentation that is not enough for the warranty transfer. As I already wrote in my initial post, the Sonos warranty legal document states that BOTH the previous and new owner need to register the transfer of ownership with Sonos. Are you tellming me this legal document I have from Sonos is outdated and the previous owner doen’t have to do a thing? 

Badge

Hi @Mark P , 

Do you have an answer for me?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @DavinciQC.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Sorry for the long wait I just came from my off.

Anyway for use to double-check the ownership if it's already under your account.

I would like to recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more.

They have access to check deeper the status and history of your speaker.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.