Answered

Warranty on a gift purchsase?

• 6 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi, I have placed an order with Sonos for a gift for my grandson, so have used his address for the delivery address, but mine is the billing address - to match my card details.

So my question is how does the warranty work? Will I have to contact Sonos if there are warranty issues on his behalf - or will the fact that he creates his own Sonos account and the product will appear there be enough for him to seek help should the worst happen?

Steve

icon

Best answer by dogsdanglers 8 June 2020, 15:30

Hi, thought I would update this question with a reply from Sonos support which pretty much confirms that it will all be OK.

Steve

Hello Steve,

Thank you for contacting Sonos support team. My name is Tom and I will be taking care of your case today. 

It does not to be a person who purchased the item. As long as he owns, the speaker, has it registered with his email and his details that's fine. If he can verify verify as the person who owns the Sonos account, in line with GDPR, we are always here for technical support and warranty resolutions. Your son can just just contact us about any technical issue and in case of problems he does provide his details and speaker gets replaced using his address/details.

If you still experience the issue, please quote the following case number while contacting our team.

Best regards,

View original

5 replies

I also wish I could spell correctly!

Steve

First, I suspect you won’t have an issue, but since he’ll be registering the speakers on his system, he should be the one who has the warranty. 

That’s what I would have thought, but was hoping someone from Sonos might answer more definitively.

I am new here, are there Sonos people that take part, or is it just us users?

Steve 

It’s mostly a community board, there are community moderators, but you may be better off if you were to contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, they are available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7. 

Hi, thought I would update this question with a reply from Sonos support which pretty much confirms that it will all be OK.

Steve

Hello Steve,

Thank you for contacting Sonos support team. My name is Tom and I will be taking care of your case today. 

It does not to be a person who purchased the item. As long as he owns, the speaker, has it registered with his email and his details that's fine. If he can verify verify as the person who owns the Sonos account, in line with GDPR, we are always here for technical support and warranty resolutions. Your son can just just contact us about any technical issue and in case of problems he does provide his details and speaker gets replaced using his address/details.

If you still experience the issue, please quote the following case number while contacting our team.

Best regards,