Question

Using the Connect for zone 2 audio.

• 1 December 2015
  • 10 replies

My current home theater set up consist of;
An dual zone AV receiver
bose acoustimass 6 For 5.1 surround.

I need steroids audio for a second rooms tv
My understanding is I can hook up the CONNECT to my AV receiver then get to play 3 speakers set up as stereo for the other room
Will that work?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
With a Connect hooked to your TV audio you can play to any other sonos speaker(s) in stereo mode.
My current home theater set up consist of;
An dual zone AV receiver
bose acoustimass 6 For 5.1 surround.

I need steroids audio for a second rooms tv
My understanding is I can hook up the CONNECT to my AV receiver then get to play 3 speakers set up as stereo for the other room
Will that work?

Does the second room TV have an audio connection to the AV receiver then?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Your Sonos speakers will be playing the audio from the tv that has the connect hooked to it.
Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
To the LHC:
No my second TV room Is not connected to the AV Receiver

to Chris
Are you saying that I should hook the CONNECT to the TV in the second room Instead of the AV receiver in the first room ?
Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
To the LHC:
No my second TV room Is not connected to the AV Receiver

to Chris
Are you saying that I should hook the CONNECT to the TV in the second room Instead of the AV receiver in the first room ?

Well, yes, if you want that TVs audio on the play:3s how does connecting the Connect to the av receiver help in any way?
because my cable box is available in both rooms.
so if I'm watching the cable box in room 1 I will be able to view it in Room 2 also.
what I need is wireless audio for room 2
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
But the wireless audio in room 2 will be playing sound from room 1 unless another Sonos unit hooked to audio device in room 2.
that's fine. my goal was to get better sound from the TV in room 2.

thanks a lot for your help.

on the same not my Yamaha AV Receiver now has Musiccast will a pair of Musiccast speakers serve the same purpose in room 2 as the sonos ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Don't know much about the yamaha
Hi All,
Looking for a little help as my audo guy bailed before finishing my setup. Here is what I got set up and what I am looking to do; sorry it is long.

I have a Denon AVR 4520ci. Currently, I have a connect hooked up for my living room 5.1 surround as well as 3 sonos AMPS which control my dining room, game room and backyard speakers (Sonaray SR1 System). The connect is currently hooked up to my Audio in #5 for CD which will play my Apple TV, TV and stream my sonos to living room. The sonos amp with 55W was not enough to power my backyard speakers, so, I ordered a connect to hook up to my zone 2 in hopes that my receivers wattage is enough to power the backyard without an additional AMP as it states it is 190w x 9 channels.

My question is, assuming my wattage is enough for the backyard speakers is; how do i connect Zone 2 to the backyard so that the backyard can be grouped to play living room, dining room, game room music as well as music on its own zone? Also, does anyone know if i will need an additional AMP to power the backyard or is the receiver sufficient? I ran 2 12/2 speaker wire. one for left and one for right.

Thanks in advance!