Answered

Upgrade Programme - Use discount on any Product?

• 11 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
  • Avid Contributor III
  • 17 replies

Hi,

I can see that there is a new upgrade programme for the Sonos Play 1’s, Play 5’s and Connect AMP etc… Can I choose to use the discount on any products within the Sonos store? How does this work?

EG: Can I use my Play 3 upgrade to get 30% discount on a Play 5 for example?

I can’t really see this explained in the small print…

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Paul A 11 January 2021, 16:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

If I understand things, VAT is a government thing, just like taxes are here in the US. Sonos has no control over government charges.

The VAT  threshold is irrelevant. You will pay UK VAT on whatever you pay for the items.

This is included in the list prices on the Sonos website. 

Badge +1

Hi @myatix.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Allow me to share some information to help you out.

Can I choose to use the discount on any products within the Sonos store? Yes the discount voucher/coupon will be sent via your Sonos email and you can use the discount coupon/voucher to purchase any (regular priced) Sonos products on our online website

How does this work? You may need to contact our sales team through their toll-free number @+18006802345 option 4 for a more brief discussion about how to take advantage of the upgrade program.

Can I use my Play 3 upgrade to get 30% discount on a Play 5 for example? Yes as long as the Sonos product you are going to purchase on our website is not (on sale) and you may only use 1 discount voucher/coupon per Sonos Product. The discount voucher/coupon is not stackable and cannot be used on Sonos products that are already on sale on our website. However, the Play:3 is only eligible for a 15% discount voucher, not 30%.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to contact the provided toll-free number or reach out to us if you have any other questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

How does this offer work with the VAT  now that the UK has left the EU and the price of the Play five exceeds the VAT threshold

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @myatix.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Allow me to share some information to help you out.

Can I choose to use the discount on any products within the Sonos store? Yes the discount voucher/coupon will be sent via your Sonos email and you can use the discount coupon/voucher to purchase any (regular priced) Sonos products on our online website

How does this work? You may need to contact our sales team through their toll-free number @+18006802345 option 4 for a more brief discussion about how to take advantage of the upgrade program.

Can I use my Play 3 upgrade to get 30% discount on a Play 5 for example? Yes as long as the Sonos product you are going to purchase on our website is not (on sale) and you may only use 1 discount voucher/coupon per Sonos Product. The discount voucher/coupon is not stackable and cannot be used on Sonos products that are already on sale on our website. However, the Play:3 is only eligible for a 15% discount voucher, not 30%.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to contact the provided toll-free number or reach out to us if you have any other questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,