Updated play 3 coming?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15
I've noticed the Best Buys around me have no Play:3s on the shelf, but are stocked on every other Sonos product they carry.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have Play 3s and Play 1s and far prefer the 3s. The Play 1s are OK for surround or in the bath but for me they just aren't that great for listening to for hours at a time.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Yep. It’s their oldest speaker now. I still think it sounds great without the cost of the 5. Time will tell. I have never seen them out of stock on a product for this long. Maybe they are waiting for retailer stock to go down before introducing a new 3. I hope it’s not eliminated.
Badge +5
We will see. As others said, Sonos is very silent about new announcements.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Maybe. I like the Play 3. I think a stereo pair of 3’s sounds way better than 1’s.
Badge +5
Maybe the 3 is going to disappear. I do not see many people advising a Play3. Its always a pair of play1, a play5 or a pair of play5. So maybe sales are too low.
Sonos has not made any announcements about that. It may mean nothing. It may mean that they just aren't going to sell them from the site anymore. It may mean they are discontinuing the 3 without a replacement. If there is a new product, I'd imagine we won't hear about it until September at the earliest.

If I were to guess, I would guess it means nothing and we'll see stock again soon.