Answered

TV setup: TV+AppleTV+ARC or TV+AppleTV+AMP

• 3 September 2022
  • 5 replies

There are a number of conversations regarding problems with TV set-up, especially with Samsung TV’s not playing nice. Rather than troubleshooting problems, I’m interested in successes.

Specifically, has anyone combined a TV+AppleTV+ARC or TV+AppleTV+AMP (for ceiling speakers) where the TV remote controls Sonos Volume AND the volume level displays on the TV?  If yes, please share the details of your setup and TV make/model.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 September 2022, 18:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

It’s up to the TV. Maybe the TV will figure things out if you disconnect all of the HDMI cables, reboot TV and AMP, then connect the TV with AMP and configure AMP to work with the TV while nothing else is connected to the TV. Now connect everything else to the TV. Maybe this will work, maybe not.

Note that SAMSUNG TV don’t reboot unless they have been removed from power for at least two minutes.

Ah, I see. My Vizio’s show the volume slider on the screen. But they’re older TVs, too, from 2015 and 2019, neither with eARC. I don’t know if the newer TVs, with a likely newer implementation of CEC do. I’ve never looked specifically, but that information might be on rtings.com?

Airgetlam is 100% correct, it is related to the TV.  That is why I’m asking if anyone has a particular TV that shows TV Volume.  Many years ago I had an LG TV that did show volume.  Now I’m using Samsung’s that do not show volume (just + / - as 106rallye describes).

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I've never had volume level display on my Samsungs when my Beam is connected via HDMI-ARC  (using CEC). Just up or down. 

The volume control display has nothing whatsoever to do with Sonos, it is a function of the way CEC has been programmed to operate in the TV’s software.