Turntable Sound

• 6 July 2018
  • 9 replies

Hi all,

I own a project turntable that I'm running through an AV amp on my living room to 2 X monitor audio RX6s. I'm look to "Sonos" up my life!

In the living room I plan to swap the AV amp for a Beam, and eventually upgrade with a sub & 2x Play:1s (maybe on black Friday!).

The question I have is that I plan to move the turntable to our dinning room. It's a 11' X 15' room. One of the key features I'm looking for is that I don't need to turn the speakers or "amp" on, and that they start playing automatically when I play the turntable (which probably negates a Sonos Connect and dedicated Amp). Either way I'll be getting a pre amp but the choice I now have to make is below. I welcome your thoughts, comments or any other suggestions...

Turntable Speaker Solution

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Deleted in favor of airforceteacher.
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
Um, unless you mean something else, the turntable needs a preamp in both of those situations. Neither the Connect or Connect:Amp will take the phone level inputs and amplify them correctly. Which model Pro-Jett do you have?
I intend to move the turntable to our dinning room. It's a 11' X 15' room. One of the key highlights I'm searching for is that I don't have to turn the speakers or "amp" on, and that they begin playing naturally when I play the turntable (which likely refutes a Sonos Connect and devoted Amp). Whichever way I'll be getting a pre amp however the decision
I realize you posted this a few months ago but thought I'd let you know that you can configure a connect or connect amp to "AutoPlay" a room when you power on the turntable that is hooked up via line-in. This includes passive speakers wired through the connect amp. I do it with my set up and it works perfectly.