Answered

Turntable and non-Sonos Soundbar w/ Connect

• 24 July 2018
  • 4 replies

I would like to get a Sonos connect so I can play my turntable and TV through my 2 Play1s. I also would like to link in an existing Bose soundbar to this setup.

Would I be able to (using an RCA toggle switch) connect in my TV and Turntable to the Connect through the analog in and also use the optical audio out port to connect to my Bose soundbar?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 24 July 2018, 23:12

also, is the delay between the tv picture and tv audio, or between the Bose audio and Sonos audio?

There will be a slight delay on any audio source that goes through the line-in port of the CONNECT. The Bose probably has low latency delay as its designed to play audio for your TV, much in the way the Sonos PLAYBAR, PLAYBASE, and Beam have low latency.

Generally, the best way to integrate the CONNECT with a receiver is to use the audio outputs on the CONNECT to feed audio to the other sound system.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I would like to get a Sonos connect so I can play my turntable and TV through my 2 Play1s. I also would like to link in an existing Bose soundbar to this setup.

Would I be able to (using an RCA toggle switch) connect in my TV and Turntable to the Connect through the analog in and also use the optical audio out port to connect to my Bose soundbar?

Thanks!

Hi rpfrese,

Welcome to the community. You could use a Sonos CONNECT to accept a line-in connection from your turntable and TV using an audio switch. While this would work well for music from your turntable, there would likely be a slight delay in the audio when playing from your TV. The Sonos system has a delay when processing line-in audio for seamless streaming to other Sonos speakers, so it probably wouldn't sync well with the Bose soundbar for TV audio.

You can read more about using line-in with Sonos here.
Thanks, Jeff.

So if I were ever to use the Connect to listen to any input through my Sonos speakers AND non-sonos speakers there would likely always be a delay?
also, is the delay between the tv picture and tv audio, or between the Bose audio and Sonos audio?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

There will be a slight delay on any audio source that goes through the line-in port of the CONNECT. The Bose probably has low latency delay as its designed to play audio for your TV, much in the way the Sonos PLAYBAR, PLAYBASE, and Beam have low latency.

Generally, the best way to integrate the CONNECT with a receiver is to use the audio outputs on the CONNECT to feed audio to the other sound system.