Answered

Tooooo many Updates tooo bigger impact

• 13 October 2018
  • 5 replies

about 70% of the time use my SOnos i have to do some update or another and it takes several minutes... every time and half of that is of checcking after it has already told me it has one to do

Ge guys - i want it when i want it - and dont want my wife having to try to manage updates and re-authentications each month

please get smarter
icon

Best answer by Chris 13 October 2018, 17:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Fully agree. And lately it’s only about removing functionality.
I’ve “locked down” my system by removing the Sonos app from our iPad’s and iPhone’s and replacing them by SonoPad and SonoPhone respectively.
Luckily I’ve done this before the iMac controller update, so I’ve still all functionality.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Not sure why you have problems as the updates normally take a few minutes with no problems for me. Although the latest update has a new setting that allows it to auto update overnight so you may want to look into that.

Are there that many updates? Not sure how often you use your system if it happens 70% of the time. Or are you on the Beta programme?
3 iphones, 2 ipads adn 5 Sonos devices - doubt i get through a week with out having to update on - maybe its 2 weeks - but heck when you just want to press a button and start listening to be nagged into another update - when it was working perfectly 2 days ago - is way to tiersum

how do i tuen on auto/nightly/blind updates...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Under settings...advanced...system updates (there is a slider there to enable night time updates).

I remember back a few years ago when everyone complained Sonos only did quarterly to semi-annual updates and "weren't keeping up with the changing market".
ok - thanks - i will try that
yep keeping customers happy is an art
thanks for the help