Answered

Sub question

• 23 February 2021
  • 2 replies

I have the beam and rear play ones.  I’m interested in getting the sub BUT, my wife hates loud sounds and I live in an apartment. I know you can adjust the bass levels so my question is , will the minimal bass setting sound “ok” for my quiet environment.  I don’t need loud explosions.  Just need to add a slight bass punch to my current setup.

Or would i better off getting the ARC for improved bass.  The only bad thing is that the room is not a traditional 4 wall space.  Its kind of wide open behind me and to one side.

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 23 February 2021, 17:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It’s kind of a subjective question.  The sub volume can be set pretty low, but is there a sweet spot where it’s loud enough for you, but not too loud for your wife?  I don’t think you’ll know for sure until you give it a shot, knowing you can return when you buy from Sonos if it doesn’t work out.  I probably wouldn’t go with an Arc, as it would cost a little more and isn’t likely to improve the audio much for your apartment space.

Appreciate your response.  I originally wanted the ARC but realized the surround would not be as good with my setup PLUS then I have a beam which my wife doesn't want in the room.  The Sub seems like the better option.  I know there is night mode but  I would imagine i can turn it of for night time viewing as an option.

It’s kind of a subjective question.  The sub volume can be set pretty low, but is there a sweet spot where it’s loud enough for you, but not too loud for your wife?  I don’t think you’ll know for sure until you give it a shot, knowing you can return when you buy from Sonos if it doesn’t work out.  I probably wouldn’t go with an Arc, as it would cost a little more and isn’t likely to improve the audio much for your apartment space.