Answered

Sub Mini w Two Fives & Beam

• 14 September 2022
  • 4 replies

In a room on the smaller size, I have a Beam paired with two Fives as surrounds. Mostly use for music (probably 70-30 music to TV). Will the Sub Mini add any enhancement to this setup? Or do I have to go for the original Sub?

Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 14 September 2022, 20:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi.  I really don’t think anyone can answer this question at this point.  Nobody has actually heard it yet.

I doubt very much that a Sonos staff member would or could comment definitively on this, but I may be wrong

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

In a room on the smaller size, I have a Beam paired with two Fives as surrounds. Mostly use for music (probably 70-30 music to TV). Will the Sub Mini add any enhancement to this setup? Or do I have to go for the original Sub?

Thanks. 

I’m sure it will be available on “home trial” like all other products. Try it in your own home and let your ears decide. 

The Mini sub is designed to work well in smaller rooms...but “work well” and “smaller” are both highly subjective.  I plan on using a  Mini in about a 10”x10” room with Beam and 2 play:1s, and I expect it to make a very good impact, but not blow me away.  But I am only guessing.

I would always expect a Sonos employee to reply “yes” to this kind of question.

And I agree completely with @John B ‘s statement.

At the end of the day, it will be up to your personal tastes, your room, your ears, and your music choices. It is indeed fortunate that Sonos has a ‘trial” period if you purchase through them. Some outside retailers also have that kind of thing.