Sonos Users with REAL High-End setups

Show first post

155 replies

Heard this piece on NPR this morning, about the power of suggestion.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/11/17/363837479/the-power-of-suggestion-could-trigger-asthma-or-treat-it

"High-End" vendors and their lackeys at Stereophile are smart people; smart enough to know how powerful suggestion is. Audiophiles really are like sheep.
Interesting that W9TR was evidently supportive of the scientific method in earlier years:
Scientific testing has much to offer audio
plus
Abx

And now it appears that W9TR has "ghosted" his/her recent posts in this Thread.

Pity. I was following the original 'conversation' with some interest. I did not think that the 'rebuttals' from the "DBT-Believing/High-End-Realists" came anywhere near "piling-on". All in all, a pretty tame discussion and rebuttal.

I couldn't find any breadcrumbs of W9TR's original Posts other than what had been quoted. Makes for strange reading for those who come late to the recent activity in this Thread. :)

Best of Luck
And now it appears that W9TR has "ghosted" his/her recent posts in this Thread.
I guess it classes as a tactical retreat.

I couldn't find any breadcrumbs of W9TR's original Posts other than what had been quoted.
The substantive points have largely been exposed by the quotes. It's regrettable that the thread flow has been somewhat upset by the OP's deletions but, just as we strive not to censor, it would be impertinent to undelete.
I guess it classes as a tactical retreat.

Very tactful. On reading the above, my mind immediately went to the less-tactful phrase often repeated in the movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" :D

The substantive points have largely been exposed by the quotes. It's regrettable that the thread flow has been somewhat upset by the OP's deletions but, just as we strive not to censor, it would be impertinent to undelete.

I agree. However, I at least expected to see the original posts' "deleted by user" place-holder remain for a day or three... Seemed a bit less than 12-18 hours since they were physically on this Thread.

Best of Luck

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings