Answered

Sonos Roam pre order delivery dates

Userlevel 1

Pre-ordered the roam on 03/09 and recall seeing a delivery date for 04/20 but now I don't see anything indicating that date. Are there any updates for pre-order delivery timelines?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 April 2021, 06:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

39 replies

I suspect the latest info would be posted on the sales page. This area is a community support area, we’re not really aware of the whole shipping situation. You may want to contact Sonos Sales directly. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I ordered on 10th March and my order status is still showing as processing.  A pending credit card payment was raised on 9th April.  My confirmation says “Pre-ordered - expected to deliver by 20-04-2021.”  (I am in the UK).  Think I recall people receiving past pre order sonos kit up to a couple of days earlier than the expected date so maybe we’ll be lucky and get it late this week.

Userlevel 2

Ordered mine on 9Mar as well (US), status just says “back-order“

Back order just means that they don’t have it currently available to ship.  So everyone is going to see back order right now.  Since you ordered rather quickly, I would expect it to arrive around the 20th, maybe a bit before.  The current shipping date is May 14th, so they already had enough preorder to fill their first batch, maybe even second.

Sonos stated in the recent qtrly meeting that they hope to have the stock to be able to meet all orders and preorders on time, but it does not look like they are there yet.  You could make the argument that Sonos just isn't ordering enough to keep inventory costs low, and possibly hype up the value of the speakers...but I doubt that.  Sonos doesn’t charge your card till they ship, so although they have the accrual, they don’t have the cash yet.  As well, for as many customers who buy because they see it as in demand, they surely loss just as many who don’t want to wait to get their speakers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I also ordered on the 9th, mine says back order as well. I’ve read others showing processing or dispatched after showing back order previously. Still lots of time for this to change and for them to ship it to us on time. 

I’m not going to throw a fit if it isn’t delivered on the 20th but definitely reserve the right to be disappointed LOL.  

Userlevel 2

Definitely not upset here - just curious to see what others are seeing on their orders. Fingers crossed that it ships shortly. 

I also ordered on the 9th, mine says back order as well. I’ve read others showing processing or dispatched after showing back order previously. Still lots of time for this to change and for them to ship it to us on time. 

I’m not going to throw a fit if it isn’t delivered on the 20th but definitely reserve the right to be disappointed LOL.  

Same here - I also cashed in an Upgrade credit to preorder my Roam on 3/10. Still says “Backorder” - just really hoping it shows up next week! 

Userlevel 1

I suspect the latest info would be posted on the sales page. This area is a community support area, we’re not really aware of the whole shipping situation. You may want to contact Sonos Sales directly. 

Thanks Bruce, appreciate the response!

Userlevel 1

Same here - I also cashed in an Upgrade credit to preorder my Roam on 3/10. Still says “Backorder” - just really hoping it shows up next week! 

Same here, we had a really old play 5 (first gen I think so) that we used the upgrade credit from. Pretty stoked to get this new addition. Now the hard part is convincing the wife that we should upgrade the playbar for the arc lol

Hey, 

Ordered the roam and yesterday it was displaying as dispatch acknowledged and has now changed to preparing to ship. Bear in mind im in the UK instead of the US. 

Userlevel 2

My credit card got charged and the order status changed to “preparing to ship” this afternoon! 👏 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Likewise, Ordered on the 10th and sometime today the status has changed to”preparing to ship” Just a shame that it is going to my son and not me (I am stuck in S1 world)

Userlevel 1

That’s good news guys! Well, hopefully I get the same news soon!

Same here, we had a really old play 5 (first gen I think so) that we used the upgrade credit from. Pretty stoked to get this new addition. Now the hard part is convincing the wife that we should upgrade the playbar for the arc lol

Just got the charge on my Apple Card for my Roam. Looks like it’s preparing for shipment!

We picked up an Arc when we moved because the new house has a theater room. Got it paired with a G2 Sub and 2 Play:One’s as surrounds. It’s a great setup! Try and argue cost-per-use on the Arc, that’s how I got my wife to come around! 😀

Userlevel 1

Good news on a Friday! Got the charge in my account, and status changed to preparing for shipment. Super stoked to get it, hopefully next week. I got the wireless charging base for it as well so I’ll you guys know here how it is, in case anyone is on the fence!

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Congrats. Mine is still showing backorder :disappointed_relieved:  I’m just gonna sit here and hit refresh every three seconds rather than work lol.

Badge

Just had an email from DHL in the UK saying due to be delivered on the 19th!

Probably won't happen, but FedEx is showing that my Roam will be here on Sunday. I assume it’ll get to the distribution hub and then be held until Tuesday… but finger’s crossed I get it a few days earlier!

Userlevel 1

Congrats. Mine is still showing backorder :disappointed_relieved:  I’m just gonna sit here and hit refresh every three seconds rather than work lol.

Ah bummer dude.. well we are here for you, this order update support group stands by you haha. I feel like a lot of folks are getting the status updates in the past couple days so yours could be coming soon as well!

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Ah bummer dude.. well we are here for you, this order update support group stands by you haha. I feel like a lot of folks are getting the status updates in the past couple days so yours could be coming soon as well!

Thanks man, without the support of the order update support group I don’t know what I’d do lol. I’m still hitting refresh, no change, but will update again in a day or two. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Just had an email from DHL in the UK saying due to be delivered on the 19th!

Grr my DHL email says 21st 😁

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

if you finally get a ship notification and post here could you also please post

1) date you placed your order and

2) colour of roam (black or lunar white).  No idea if the different colours are shipping at different rates.  

Might give us an idea where we stand in the queue. thanks

Badge

2) colour of roam (black or lunar white).  No idea if the different colours are shipping at different rates.  

24/3 and lunar white. 

Userlevel 1

Sure thing… I placed my pre-order on March 9th for the bundle ( white + wireless charging base) and then got the shipment notification today, April 16th..

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Have been contacted by DHL to say it will arrive on Monday 19th April.  UK, ordered immediately it went live, white, no charging platform.