Question

Sonos playbar + sun or Sonos playbar + two play ones

• 12 December 2016
  • 6 replies

Hi! So I will either get a playbar alone or a playbar + sub or a playbar + two play ones. Getting playbar, sub and playones would be too expensive. What would you recommend me to get? Thanks for your advice!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

What is sonosnet. I have never heard of this. I have been using sonos for several years and wverything is through my router and wifi. Works quite consistently but not always.

See here for a comparison between "Boost" (aka Sonosnet) and "Standard" (aka WiFI only) setups:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3046/kw/boost%20vs%20standard%20setup
What is sonosnet. I have never heard of this. I have been using sonos for several years and wverything is through my router and wifi. Works quite consistently but not always.
So If I understand correctly I can get a play 1 instead of the Boost and connect it through an ethernet cable to my router. If this would make my connection as stable as with the Boost, I prefer to get a play one.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
There are two ways to run Sonos. One is on your WiFi and the other is SonosNet. Sonosnet is the preferred way to run Sonos, WiFi works but SonosNet is just more stable. So in your case you would need a Boost. You could also get a Play1 and put it in the same room as the router, and plug it in. Make sure the Boost is at least a meter from the router and the SonosNet and WiFi router are on different channels.
Do you mean that I should connect the playbar or the sub with a cable to my router? That would not be possible in my case as my TV is in a different room than the rooter. So getting a Boost would be necessary? I thought the connection to the router with a cable was no longer necessary? (Maybe I'm wrong, I'm definitely not an expert in these things). Thanks again for your help
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi Apollo-0301

Welcome to the Sonos community,

I would start with PlayBar and Sub. That way adding more will not be a big investment and you will get the feel of what Sonos can do.

One thing, you are best served by having one of your Sonos products hardwired to your router. If you cannot do it with a speaker you should get a Boost.