Question

Sonos Play 1s in Stereo and Third Party Klipsch Soundbar and Wireless Subwoofer

• 9 January 2018
  • 5 replies

Currently in my living room, I have two Play 1s in stereo which I love very much. In the same living room, I have a Klipsch soundbar connected to the TV via digital optical cable, and it's wireless subwoofer which work together via bluetooth. I also like how the TV sounds with that set up, and it even sounds pretty amazing when we're watching YouTube music videos on the TV. So right now I have one set up for music (the Play 1s), and another set up for the TV (Klipsch).

My question is, can I bring those together via a connect without any delay. Could I bring the Play 1s into my TV viewing audio and the Klipsch into my streaming music experience?

I would love a bit more bass when I stream Spotify and wouldn't mind the Play 1s to play the TV sound too I suppose.

Otherwise, I thought about adding a Play 5 (specifically for a tad more bass and to line in my turntable). Obviously I could add a Sonos subwoofer, and or a playbase or playbar. But could a connect help me for now?

I'm pretty sure the connect could hook up to my sound bar and bring that into the music equation but would the subwoofer still talk to the sound bar via bluetooth for music bass too? Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes it has stereo inputs you can run from connect to the soundbar and listen to Sonos music on the Soundbar. You may have to play with sound modes to a direct mode in the soundbar to have in best sync.

You could hook analog outputs of your cable box to the connect to get tv sound out to Sonos and see how off sync it is compared to soundbar. Never know but would expect an echo.
I have the Klipsch R-10B. Thanks in advance for your help. Good to hear the sub will still work with the sound bar regardless. I figured if it was possible to use a connect to have streaming music come through the soundbar and subwoofer in addition to the Play 1s, I would try that until I spring for more Sonos components and move the Klipsch to another room's TV. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You may have to. Ring the tv sound from cable box or tv so odds are low with them the sound via connect being in stand with the soundbar.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Klipsch probynhas inoit to play Sonos music too. But doubt it has a stereo output.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What soundbar do you have. The sub will always work with the Sonos regardless of if you have other sources attached.