Question

Sonos One v Sonos Play + Alexa

I was thinking of getting a Sonos One for my husband for Christmas or would it be better to buy an echo and add a Sonos Play as speaker - just thinking about adding other items in the future

2 replies

Well, if you happen to have any Apple devices in the retinue, I'd go with the Sonos One, since it will apparently be AirPlay 2 compatible, which the PLAY:1 will not be (as a receiver, it would still play the source if it were on the network with a Sonos One).

I think the features available to the Sonos One will ultimately be larger than the features available to the PLAY:1, but right now, they're essentially the same. I have quite a few PLAY:1s and 3 dots, and they work magnificently together. To me, it would be about "future-proofing" my purchases. I'd certainly swap out all of my PLAY:1s at this point for Sonos Ones, if I could do it at no cost.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I would also future proof myself as well and get a Sonos One right now if so had to by a new one. You don’t lose anything and gain the alexa ability (and maybe other in future). You can still use dots around house to control it as well.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings