Question

Sonos one or play 5

• 26 November 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge
Hi guys

I'm fairly new to Sonos. Only nought my first Sonos One 2 weeks ago to give it a try with Alexa.
I bought this together with 2 Echo speakers from Amazon.
I like the One speaker although I still think an Echo understands you better for now than the One speaker when it comes to Alexa.
Nevertheless the sound is of course way better on the One.

I'm thinking of buying a second speaker for 2 reasons.
1) Echo doesn't (unless I do something wrong) pair them together to play Spotify premium on multiple devices at once. Sonos should
2) Not a fan of the sound of the echo' s.

I'm now doubting to either buy a second one and put them in a stereo in the living room, placing our echo to the bedroom or placing the one to the bedroom and buying a Play5 for the living room (connecting a echo dot to it for Alexa control) . Both options I think would also have the possibility to play music over both speakers in different rooms together or play a different track if needed.

What would you guys recommend?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Play:5 is a terrific speaker. For main listening area I prefer a Play:5 to 2 Play:1s.

Personally I would go Sonos One in bedroom and Play:5 in living room. You don't have to plug the dot into the Play:5 unless you want to hear alexa voice via Play:5. You can play music to the Play:5 via voicecontrol to the dot without hooking it to Play:5.

I have about 7 dots in my house to hear commands wherever I'm at. I have 12 Sonos units around the house and all can be controlled via controller or via voice commands from a dot.