Answered

Sonos One or Play:1?

• 25 November 2017
  • 1 reply

Hello, I am new here and want to buy my first product.
I like the new Sonos One better than Play:1, but as it says in the description, "Voice control for Sonos is not yet supported in your country." (Denmark)
Does anyone know if this will get updated in the future, or will this function be useless for me?
icon

Best answer by John B 25 November 2017, 16:05

I doubt that that information is available, and I imagine there is nothing Sonos can do until Amazon makes Alexa available generally.

But Sonos is working to add further voice control systems. And Airplay 2, when it comes next year, is more likely to work with the One than the Play:1.

So the One looks a better bet longer term if voice control and Airplay are of interest to you.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I doubt that that information is available, and I imagine there is nothing Sonos can do until Amazon makes Alexa available generally.

But Sonos is working to add further voice control systems. And Airplay 2, when it comes next year, is more likely to work with the One than the Play:1.

So the One looks a better bet longer term if voice control and Airplay are of interest to you.