Question

Sonos One and Siri

• 17 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi guys, just about to purchase a One. But a BIG question please. When Apple Siri support arrives, will it be directly from the One or will I need to access it from my iPhone and iPad?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

If Siri works via the idevices that would be a bit of a pain as it won't be hands free. The home button would need to be pressed to activate Siri (I have an iPhone 6 so can't even work when powered to the mains).

I'm really doubtful about my purchase now. Sure hope it's worth it!
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Sonos says that Siri will be available when AirPlay 2 support is released. Being a long time Apple user, I highly doubt Apple is about to let Siri out of the ecosystem. It’s likely Siri will work on your handheld device through AirPlay 2. It is still going to be awesome.
Apple will be saving Siri for their HomePod.
Hi Chris, thanks for your reply.

I sure hope it's not a matter of "if" as Sonos have said Siri will be coming in 2018. And I've literally 2 minutes ago ordered a One.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If the one were to get Siri support it would be via the microphones on the Sonos One.