Sonos Move alternative?

• 15 November 2021
  • 4 replies

I’m currently planning on buying another Sonos Move, as I am very satisfied with the sound quality.

With the goals of being able to use it anywhere I can (portable) and having the best sound possible, should I wait for a new edition of Sonos Move? Or maybe consider a different model I’m not aware of?

Wait for a new edition or not to wait? Any news on when it may come?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I new edition may also come with an (upscaled) price. Given the fairly recent launch of the Sonos Roam I think Sonos is not going to release very soon an upgraded hardware version of the Move. I have Moves in different places and they sound great. Just received a Roam and for its small size it also sounds great. 

As above, i can’t see any update to the Physical shape and layout of the move, there could be software updates but that would likely work for the first Gen too.  

What is it you want changed?  The only thing i’d like to see for both the Move and the Roam I is Bluetooth Stereo pairing.  I can get around that with a travel router but would rather not have to take and find power for additional kit.

The are a few features that Roam has that the Move does not.  Sharing bluetooth audio with the rest of your Sonos, swapping, etc.  It would not be too shocked if a Gen 2 was developed next year with these features added, if it can’t be done through firmware update.  I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

As above, i can’t see any update to the Physical shape and layout of the move, there could be software updates but that would likely work for the first Gen too.  

What is it you want changed?  The only thing i’d like to see for both the Move and the Roam I is Bluetooth Stereo pairing.  I can get around that with a travel router but would rather not have to take and find power for additional kit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The Move is fairly new and so IMHO, you could be waiting a year or two before a Gen 2 is released.  But I’m guessing here, as Sonos don’t disclose their future product dates.