Sonos Gen 1 S5/play5 wall brackets

• 5 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone. I am permanently installing two Gen 1 Play 5's in my room. I want to mount them on the wall. The best wall bracket for my purpose is the Flexson tilt and swivel but they appear to be discontinued and out of stock everywhere, irrespective of what websites claim!

1 Does anyone know where I can get some of these in black?

2 Does anyone know of an alternative, probably generic, wall bracket that will work brilliantly?

There is a bracket from Cavus but this only has swivel, not tilt. Tilt would be the more important feature in my installation.

I hope someone else has battled with this and look forward to inspiration :-)

Cheers

Andy

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Just wondering if there has been any further success on this post. I too have a pair of Gen 1 play 5's I would like to wall mount. I ordered the Gen 2 wall mounts, but they are a very poor fit and I am concerned the speaker would fall off the wall if used. Searches in eBay and kijiji have been fruitless. I am very surprised Sonos or Flexson would eliminate the older Gen 1 mounts
Having experienced other brackets I would stick with looking for the Flexons.

The Gen 1 Play 5's have been discontinued for two years now so i can't see shops stocking any stands. Your best bet is an auction site such as eBay and set up a repeated search i fear.

Thanks Bockersjv. Yes. They are the ideal fit. Just found a pair which sold a month ago. So I guess they come up. I will stick with but remain open to suggestions if anyone has found an alternative that works.

Most of the generic ones look too narrow for the dimensions of the sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Having experienced other brackets I would stick with looking for the Flexons.

The Gen 1 Play 5's have been discontinued for two years now so i can't see shops stocking any stands. Your best bet is an auction site such as eBay and set up a repeated search i fear.