Question

Sonos equipment & setup for 3 zone system

• 30 August 2017
  • 0 replies

Hi. So i am currently in the process of renovating my house and I would like to create a 3 zone sound system. Zone 1 would be my 5.1 surround sound system (Sonos 5:1 Home Theater). Zone 2 would be my outside patio area where I will have Polk RC80i in ceiling speakers along with a TV, and Zone 3 will be solely for playing music in my kitchen/dining room. I would like to know what equipment would be necessary to run this setup? Zone 1 (Home Theater I think is pretty straight forward), but I am not sure what equipment to use for Zones 2 and 3. If I had to guess Zone 2 would consist of a Sonos Amp, and the speaker wires would run to the Sonos Amp. Now if I wanted to have the sound from my TV come through the in-ceiling speakers what types of wires would I require, and do they get plugged directly into the Sonos Amp? Lastly for Zone 3 would I just require two Play:1 speakers, or would I also need the Sonos Connect? Apologies for the multi layered question, but I want to make sure that I am fully educated prior to purchasing this equipment. Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.