Sonos Connect Power Cable 'type'

Badge
I'm looking to buy a power cable with a UK-head for a Sonos Connect that is coming from the USA.

Yes, I could go to a store I guess but would like to purchase one online.

Could anyone in the know advise what 'type' of connector goes into the Sonos Connect? It seems to be that rounded 2-hole type. What is the technical name for it, so that I might order the right item?

Many thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

It is called a Figure 8 connector, officially the name is IEC 60320 C7 or C8 (C7 is 10mm deep, C8 is 15mm).
Badge
Thanks so much! This Sonos Community is Top Notch! I've posted two questions and both were answered super-fast! 🙂
It's IEC 60320 C7. That's the female cable connector.

C8 is the male appliance inlet (also used in C7 extender cables).
It's IEC 60320 C7. That's the female cable connector.

C8 is the male appliance inlet (also used in C7 extender cables).

Thanks for the clarification. 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Thanks so much! This Sonos Community is Top Notch! I've posted two questions and both were answered super-fast! :-)

Hey asharom - I want to chime in quickly to let you know that using a non-Sonos power cable will place the player outside of our warranty policy. To make sure that doesn't happen I recommend purchasing a Sonos power cable for your region from our online store.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Thanks so much! This Sonos Community is Top Notch! I've posted two questions and both were answered super-fast! :-)

Hey asharom - I want to chime in quickly to let you know that using a non-Sonos power cable will place the player outside of our warranty policy. To make sure that doesn't happen I recommend purchasing a Sonos power cable for your region from our online store.

Does sonos sell a 12ft cable? Thats what I need. To offer only one option and tell someone that they cant be helped once they try to make your brand meet their needs is ridiculous. In general i get its a CYA move, but at least offer options for people to run 100% sonos, if thats what you want. If not, we have to shop 3rd party to meet our individual needs
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I just use a single outlet power extender cord to add length to the stock Sonos cords if I need a few extra feet.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I just use a single outlet power extender cord to add length to the stock Sonos cords if I need a few extra feet.

I thought about it, but I’m running it through a wiremold cable tube to hide the wires and having that connection will be too big for the tubing and less nice looking
ayCHILLL,

You can get Sonos extension cables here https://www.flexson.com/by-sonos-product/sonos-play-5-all/cables they come in different lengths and types for the various Sonos products, but also please note the warning given from Andy B (Sonos Support Staff) in the the thread above.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have a Play 1 set on the cabinet over a toilet and am using a plastic wire cover to hide the extension cord here. What I did was use a long enough cord to reach through the plastic cover and stick out a few inches. I then plugged my Sonos cord into that and used a couple Velcro wraps to secure it out of sight on the counter top.