Answered

Sonos Beam with Amazon Echo

• 25 October 2018
  • 7 replies

Hi. I have a sonos play.1 and 2 Echo speakers. If I buy the Sonos Beam, can I use the 3 aforementioned portable speakers as the surround sound for tv, with the Beam?
icon

Best answer by Chris 25 October 2018, 15:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes - be sure in settings to set the advanced audio to FULL mode so that when listening to music the rear surrounds are full stereo (sounds much better for music that way). It will still act as surrounds when watching TV automatically.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No - Echo speakers do not pair with Sonos speakers for creating multiroom etc.

You must use Sonos Speakers to pair or group with Sonos speakers.

You can not play Sonos speakers in conjunctions with Echo speakers.
Thank you. Very helpful - so I will buy another play.1 to go with the existing one and the Beam, to produce good sound for my tv.
And be sure which speaker you have, before purchasing a second one. A PLAY:1 and a Sonos One look very similar, but can't be paired for surround purposes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
...officially
Well, yea...but I'm trying to stay within the Sonos world. I think convincing others to use a third party piece of software is just that extra step too far. Trying to stay concise, and not offer every single option. At the end of the day, everything is possible, given enough money, time, and effort. 🙂