Sonos beam gen 2 ordered in March has not been shipped yet [Canada]

Hi All,

After reading all the glowing reviews I ordered the beam gen 2 from Canadian store on march 25th and it's going to be two months now and the order has not been shipped yet .

Customer care is utterly clueless about eta sometimes they lie and no one seems to care about the order.

Could someone please help me on escalating this ?

Talking to customer care feels like shouting into the void.

15 replies

You’re not alone. I ordered March 17 and have yet to get any kind of update on them. I have a pair of ONE SLs from that same order that arrived March 29 and they have been pretty much USELESS ever since without the Beam2.

I have a feeling that they are purposely putting off any orders that had discount codes applied, and hoping you cancel the order.

Perhaps contact Sonos Sales if the proposed delivery date has been and gone. See this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/global-sales-help

Hi, have you received your item. As I also order Sonos beam gen 2 from the united state store in the march month. But still now I have received my order. What you did for your order items when you were not receiving it. So I could also do that for receiving it.

Perhaps contact Sonos Sales if the proposed delivery date has been and gone. See this link:

Ive contacted them multiple times. They are utterly useless.

They just give you some ***** pre-written statement about how they will "personally put the order under their wing and see the order through". 

I've gotten that twice. And still nothing.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Contacting the sales team does not help.  I’ve been told at least 4 times over the last month that my order is at the warehouse and they will look into it...crickets

I don’t envisage anyone here in the user-community forum being able to assist with such sales/delivery issues, so it likely has to be direct contact with Sonos Staff in such isolated individual cases of a sale/purchase not going to plan.

It clearly is not the norm, based on the scale/level of Sonos worldwide Sales and the scant complaints seen online, so I can only suggest to just keep pressing their Sales Team to get your purchase(s) fulfilled at the earliest opportunity.

I don’t envisage anyone here in the user-community forum being able to assist with such sales/delivery issues, so it likely has to be direct contact with Sonos Staff in such isolated individual cases of a sale/purchase not going to plan.

It clearly is not the norm, based on the scale/level of Sonos worldwide Sales and the scant complaints seen online, so I can only suggest to just keep pressing their Sales Team to get your purchase(s) fulfilled at the earliest opportunity.

Makes sense , few orders are the exception,  i posted here to see if others are having similar issues as well, and clearly there are few also i wanted to get attention and warn other people placing the order.

Contacting the sales team does not help.  I’ve been told at least 4 times over the last month that my order is at the warehouse and they will look into it...crickets

They are useless and the worst part is they lie to you to get you off their backs. Uselss as a rock

Ive contacted them multiple times. They are utterly useless.

They just give you some ***** pre-written statement about how they will "personally put the order under their wing and see the order through". 

I've gotten that twice. And still nothing.

Man i feel you , they are truly the worst of the worst

You’re not alone. I ordered March 17 and have yet to get any kind of update on them. I have a pair of ONE SLs from that same order that arrived March 29 and they have been pretty much USELESS ever since without the Beam2.

I have a feeling that they are purposely putting off any orders that had discount codes applied, and hoping you cancel the order.

I think so too, they gave me a 10% discount on top of existing 15% , hence i am pestering them

They finally shipped my Beam2 after three months. THREE MONTHS!

I didn't get any 10% discount even after contacting them a few times. Sonos needs to get their ** together.

There are supply issues all along the parts chain. In January of this year I ordered a pair of replacement fans needed to repair a (non SONOS) piece of equipment. They arrived (from China) two weeks ago. In the interim it was not possible to trace the units.

With intermittent pandemic related quarantines, there may not be any personnel available to trace shipments or reply to inquiries. In many cases a product could have been released to a shipper and the shipment becomes stuck somewhere (for days or weeks) waiting to be loaded or unloaded. For a manufacturer this sort of issue could impact each part required for the production of a unit. Finally, after all of the parts have arrived and the unit can be assembled, it must then enter the unpredictable shipping channel.

An honest answer to the consumer (when possible, due to personnel shortages) might be “we don’t know when we will be able to ship your unit”, but I doubt if multiple replies of this sort would be acceptable. Personally, I’ve had overnight shipments go into limbo and the shipping company could not locate the product -- for days. During this interval the shipper could only assure me that the product was picked-up by the shipping company at xx:.xxpm on xx/xx/xx.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

It is a shame it’s not like here in the UK. Even though our Sonos stuff comes from Europe, it gets here when they state. Next day if ordered before 2pm and the day after (apart from weekends), if ordered after 2. 

Cannot fault them to be honest. 

I also facing the same issue.

Curious as to what Sonos sales said when you called them. Unfortunately, they’re not in this community board.