Answered

Simultaneous TV audio from Sonos Arc and Denon AVR-X3500H

• 4 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi. I'd like to get a Sonos Arc. I currently have my LG TV connected to my Denon avr. I have my Sky, BTtv and XBox all connected to my Denon. This enables me to get Dolby Atmos through speakers attached to my Denon. If I get a Sonos Arc can I go from my current setup on my Denon into the Sonos Arc then out into my LG (or some similar setup) and get Atmos through the Sonos AND Denon avr and speakers at the same time? Don't know why but just think I'd like to keep my speakers as they are whilst also having the Sonos Arc. Am I being daft thinking like this? Cheers in advance. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 July 2020, 01:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge

No, the Sonos Arc does not have a pass through of the signal. It’s an ARC receiver. I’m not even sure how your current setup works, are you passing the signals to the TV, which then passes Dolby Atmos back to the receiver via ARC, or does this Denon have an ARC interpreter built in?

Frankly, I wouldn’t want to listen to two different 7.1 systems simultaneously. I’d think you’re better off with your current 7.1 system, since I’m assuming you’re using separates for your front speakers. 

Not too sure to be honest. I think I must be passing signals to the TV then my TV passes Atmos back. I'm afraid I'm not very technically minded!! Really appreciate you taking the time to reply though. Thanks. Take care! 

No, the Sonos Arc does not have a pass through of the signal. It’s an ARC receiver. I’m not even sure how your current setup works, are you passing the signals to the TV, which then passes Dolby Atmos back to the receiver via ARC, or does this Denon have an ARC interpreter built in?

Frankly, I wouldn’t want to listen to two different 7.1 systems simultaneously. I’d think you’re better off with your current 7.1 system, since I’m assuming you’re using separates for your front speakers. 

I am looking to do a similar exercise, however my TV has one  eARC port which SONOS or AMP can use. To get round this you will need a HDMI switch which can program two systems for output and then you can choose between them. For a 2.1 HDMI output buy the HDFURY ARCANA multiport switch for work around. I am looking to buy the same AMP as you as I think it can do 8K pass thru.