Sonos and Brennan B2

• 28 November 2017
  • 1 reply

I am considering purchasing a Brennan B2 as a CD Player and CD collection storage device. I understand that I can link the 2 via my wireless network and use the B2 as my 'music library'. I have a ConnectAmp that currently feeds to external speakers in the main room with a Play5 in another room. I currently use an iPod as my music library but want to get back to CD listening and uncompressed...Can I physically connect the B2 to the ConnectAmp and if so what is the +/- difference to using the B2 solely as wireless connected NAS / Music Library?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You can connect the Brennan to the connect and play throughout your Sonos environment. However you will not be able to control the music being played, other that volume and eq, unless you are sat next to the Brennan.

Why not just rip you cd's to a lossless format and save on a NAS? that way you can line up music queues on any device and set up play lists etc.

IMHO the Brennan is an expensive solution as a NAS or just to play CDs.