Sonos 5.1 or 3.1 setup

• 21 November 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi, I'm planning a setup for my bedroom. I am either going for a 3.1 or a 5.1 setup. My main uses will be Netflix or audio through Bluetooth. I have a few basic questions based on what I'm planning to purchase -
Sonos beam as my centre speaker.. Two 1s as my surround and the sub

1) do I need an amp or this will work by itself by plugging just the beam to the TV.

2) do I need any wiring? Also since my 1s will be placed on the walls in the background, do I need a power socket right there to avoid any wires been seen?

3) I'm planning to buy it in USA and get it to India where I live. Will it work on a 220v powerline without the use of any power convertor?

Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
1) you plug the Beam direct into TV (preferably HDMI - but you can optical as well)
2) All Sonos units need power cords that is it
3) Sonos units work with both 110 and 220 volt

Notes: You said you main uses are Netflix or BLUETOOTH. Note that the Sonos Beam does not work with Bluetooth. It will work with Apple Airplay. Best way to play music in my opinion is via the Sonos App (which intergrates all your music services together into a universal search that will play direct to Sonos units).